Thursday, December 11, 2008

PRINTS!

My prints are all of temporary dwellings, which is a subject I have been painting throughout college. Instead of using all of the words in the first print, I decided to divide them because I liked them so much that I wanted to do each justice.

My first print depicts a tree house at midnight, stirred by the wind.
My second print is of a barnacled boat on the sea.
My third print encompasses the spirit of exhilaration and my friendship with Michaela.

I painted these pieces in photoshop, a process I haven't really attempted since fooling around in MS Paint as a kid. For the first time, I played with the opacity and flow of the paint, which made my prints seem less cartoon-y (a tendency even my acrylic paintings have sometimes). I hope that I built up the illusion of texture in the pieces, because that is a part of my acrylic painting that has always been important to me.

No comments: